A team is defined as a group of people linked by a common purpose, especially appropriate for tackling complex tasks with many interdependent subtasks. A team becomes more than just a collection of people when a strong sense of mutual commitment creates synergy, thus generating performance greater than the sum of the performance of its individual members.
- fail to achieve the results expected,
- get stuck in unproductive ways of working,
- lose sight of what needs to be achieved or
- waste energy and time because of poor cohesion and dysfunctional relationships either within the team itself or with its key stakeholders
I offer team coaching to help build a common vision, values and goals and to put in place the keys for team success such as:
- a shared sense of alignment and direction;
- specific accountabilities for each team member
- practical tools for problem solving and decision making
To supplement team workshops and regular team meetings, I may use:
- Insights Discovery, a well-proven behavioural profile, to help the team understand its dynamics and the differences in style, thought patterns and behaviours of team members so that they can devise the most effective ways of working to maximise individual contributions
- an on-line programme similar the one I use for individual coaching that provides a way to map, track and measure every step of the journey together, whether it be to go to a new level of performance, breaking into new markets, creating a lasting legacy, or delivering huge goals.